Titus 2: 3b-4 "...they are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children." A blog to help others navigate the waters of marriage and parenting.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014



I have been working this last year as the Director of Women at the Global Training Center here on the campus of Mission E4. It is a new season for me. Most of my eight children have finished with their homeschool journey. I only have my youngest still at home, and she will be entering 9th grade this fall. I am entering a new season of life and it is a little scary. But you know what? Scary can be good sometimes. Scary, sends me to my knees seeking God. Scary makes me more dependent on my Savior to comfort me. Scary heightens my senses to what is going on around me.


I have discovered that my identity has been too long in being a homeschooling mother of eight instead of in being a daughter of the King. It's not that I ever forgot that I was a child of God, it's just that is not how I saw myself first. It's so easy in this world to identify ourselves by what we do or what we have accomplished instead of who we belong to. Don't get me wrong. it's not a bad thing, it just shouldn't be our priority, our focus, our goal. Because you know what? Those things have a tendency to change. But you know what doesn't change?...GOD. He is constant. And so as I enter this "new season", I am making that subtle shift to being identified as a child of the King and letting that lead. I have learned so much as I attempt to mentor the women here on campus and  by seeking His kingdom first He has truly added all things unto me. Scary, yes, but oh so rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment